- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?
Going into this season, the Ohio State Buckeyes will have a difficult decision to make at the quarterback position.
They do not have a clear-cut option to start the 2023 college football season with, as they have over the last few years.
Instead, they are going to have to evaluate the options at their disposal and make a decision that will shape the immediate future of the program.
Ohio State Starting QB Options
There are a few options that Ohio State will be able to choose from when they open the 2023 college football season.
Kyle McCord served as the Buckeyes’ backup quarterback for the last couple of seasons, while Devin Brown might be the most interesting option from an athleticism standpoint, and Lincoln Kleinholtz might have the most upside coming into the program as a freshman.
All three of these options have something that makes them unique from the others. McCord has experience operating with this specific team in a reserve role, Brown can serve as a dual threat, and Kleinholtz could be a four-year fixture in Columbus if he is chosen as the starter.
But only one of them can take the first snaps of the season for Ohio State this year, and who Ryan Day chooses will be a talking point right up until the start of the season.
Who To Start
When it comes to which player to start at the beginning of the Ohio State season, McCord is likely the best option to choose from.
His familiarity with the Buckeyes offense will offer a steadying presence early in the year as this team tries to move on seamlessly from C.J. Stroud. He may not be the answer long-term, but McCord will give the Buckeyes the best chance to win in the season opener.
Non-conference play will also likely be a time where OSU can evaluate all of their options at quarterback. Against the lower-tier teams that they face during non-conference action, the Buckeyes can experiment with some of their new options under center.
Look for Ryan Day to give everyone a chance at some point early in the year, especially if they are up big against smaller schools.
Ohio State College Football Playoff Odds
When it comes to the odds to win the college football national championship, Ohio State is pretty consistently ranked third on the list of championship favorites.
Georgia and Alabama are commonly listed as the top two teams in the list of CFP odds for the upcoming season.
Ohio State has slotted in right behind them, with Michigan being listed right behind the Buckeyes in the list of odds for the national title.
Of course, how the Buckeyes start this season will have an immediate impact on where their odds travel. A slow start to the year, and growing pains at the quarterback position could see Ohio State’s odds move backward. That might be a better time to swoop in and back the Buckeyes to win the national title for value-conscious bettors.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe3 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli4 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 months ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers January 18 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman5 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 7, 2023Grant Puskar11 hours ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 6, 2023Grant Puskar2 days ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns: Za'Darius Smith Converts Pass Rush From Adequate to Game ChangingMac Blank3 days ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 2, 2023Grant Puskar1 week ago