- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
The Case For Deshaun Watson To Win 2023 NFL MVP
Deshaun Watson will be reinstated to play the final six games of the season for the Cleveland Browns.
While his 2022 season is virtually a wash, he's an enticing candidate to win MVP next year. Here's why.
Rust Knocked Off
It's not realistic to expect Watson to be be perfect in his six games with the Browns this season. His athleticism will make up for things, but there will be some rust adapting to new weapons and a new voice in the headset. Watson's last game was January 3, 2021.
In 2023, that rust will be knocked off. Watson will have been through two full training camps with the Browns despite playing in just six games. He will have developed timing with key targets like Amari Cooper, Donovan Peoples-Jones and David Njoku.
There will also be time to create and establish synergy with Kevin Stefanski as his play caller.
Cooper, Peoples-Jones and Njoku are all in their athletic primes. Sprinkle in Nick Chubb and Jerome Ford on the ground, and that's the best supporting cast that has ever surrounded Watson.
The Browns are going to rely much less on the run game, and that's okay. Expect them to add or develop another receiving weapon for Watson this offseason.
He's Never Won MVP Before
In his final season with the Texans, he lead the NFL in passing yardage while completing over 70 percent of his passes.
He still didn't win MVP as the Texans only had four wins and the award went to Aaron Rodgers.
The Browns are going to win games with Watson, there's not much of a debate there. He's joining a Top 10 offense in the NFL. His defense is headlined by Myles Garrett.
The fact that he's never won an MVP before makes his first full season in Cleveland a potential situation to win his first.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Buffalo Bills AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Kansas City Chiefs AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 weeks ago
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals Wild Card Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- NFL Best Bets: Wild Card WeekendRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 days ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 days ago