Philadelphia Flyers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 10 Betting Preview
It's been a minute, but Columbus Blue Jackets hockey is back! So, let's be honest, the Blue Jackets' Finnish Adventure was less than successful, losing both games to the Colorado Avalanche. However, we have the positives of scoring two powerplay goals and the return of Patrik Laine to the lineup.
The Blue Jackets have been back in Ohio and are prepared for action. CBJ welcomes the surprisingly good Philadelphia Flyers to Columbus for the first of four head-to-head matchups this season.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Blue Jackets enter Thursday night's game with a 3-9-0 record.
Columbus has lost their last five games and six of its previous seven. CBJ is averaging 2.5 goals per game and 2.42 goals against so far in 2022-23.
Johnny Gaudreau has nine points (five goals, four assists) and is the Blue Jackets' scoring leader. We are happy to report that the Blue Jackets' powerplay is no longer scoreless, operating at 6.1% after their awful start. At the same time, the Avs did a number on CBJ's penalty kill in Finland, dropping the penalty kill efficiency to 78.9%.
We expect Elvis Merzlikins to get the start on Thursday night. Merzlikins has a 2-5-0 record, with a 4.82 goals against average and a .863 save percentage.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Preview
The Flyers have been one of the surprises in the NHL this season. The Flyers arrive in Ohio for Thursday's game with a 7-3-2 record. Philadelphia has won their last two games in a row and three of their previous six.
In their last game, the Philadelphia Flyers defeated the St. Louis Blues 5-1. Wade Allison, Travis Konecny, and Noah Cates opened the scoring in the first period, and the Flyers never looked back. Felix Sandstrom made twenty-seven saves for the victory.
With starting goalie Carter Hart listed as day-to-day, we expect Sandstrom to get the start for the Flyers. Sandstrom has a 1-3-0 record with a 3.07 goals-against average and a .909 save percentage.
The Flyers' goaltending situation is why CBJ is the unexpected favorite in this game. Hart's stats make it clear that the Flyers are a better team with Hart in the net: Hart has a 6-0-2 record, with a 1.97 goals-against average and a .946 save percentage.
Philadelphia is averaging 2.75 goals per game and 2.42 goals against.
The Flyers' powerplay has scored eight goals and is operating at 19.5 %, while the penalty kill has given up seven goals, killing 82.9% of Philly's penalties.
Flyers vs. Blue Jackets Odds
Surprisingly, the Blue Jackets are listed as the moneyline favorite at (-124), while the Flyers are listed at (+102).
The over of 6.5 goals is listed at (-103), while the under is listed at (-120). The Blue Jackets have a 8-4 over/under record, while Philly is 5-6 over/under this season.
We're taking the Flyers to win this game on the moneyline. Philadelphia has been the better team this season and is only the moneyline underdog because Hart is listed as day-to-day.
We'll take the Flyers on the moneyline and to cover the spread to get unbelievable value from another possible CBJ loss.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson7 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe9 months ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago