Columbus Blue Jackets Playoff Betting Odds & Best Future Bets
The Columbus Blue Jackets made some major off-season acquisitions, none more important than landing the most-coveted free agent on the market, Johnny Gaudreau. Gaudreau will factor in the Blue Jackets’ playoff betting odds and our best future bets.
However, we’ll rule out one future bet as it is not among the best bets you can and will make on the Blue Jackets in 2022-23.
Columbus Blue Jackets Odds To Win The Stanley Cup: (+10000)
Not on our list of the best future bets on the Blue Jackets is for the Jackets to win the Stanley Cup. Gaudreau joining Patrik Laine on good value deals makes things offensively interesting in Ohio this season.
However, Columbus will need to make more moves and acquire many more pieces before being considered a Stanley Cup contender, and the Blue Jackets’ odds of winning potentially pay off.
As for publication, the odds of the Blue Jackets winning the Stanley Cup are (+10000). So, oddsmakers and NHL insiders don’t give the Blue Jackets much chance to win the Stanley Cup, but what about making the playoffs?
Columbus Blue Jackets Odds To Make The Playoffs: (+350)
Before turning to our best future bet for the Columbus Blue Jackets 2022-23 NHL season, we need to see what oddsmakers think of the Blue Jackets chances of making it to the Stanley Cup playoffs. After all, you’ve got to be in it to win it!
Fortunately for hockey fans in the buckeye state, the Blue Jackets’ odds of making the playoffs are significantly better than their odds of winning the Stanley Cup. As of now, the Blue Jackets are listed at (+480) odds of making the playoffs.
Granted, these odds still have the Blue Jackets on the outside of the playoff picture, ranking them 13/16 in the Eastern Conference.
Picking the Blue Jackets to make the playoffs at (+480) could be a masterstroke of genius if the Blue Jackets get on a roll and gain momentum. One question that needs to be answered: how effective will Gaudreau be for the Blue Jackets in 2022-23?
Columbus Blue Jackets Best Future Bet: Johnny Gaudreau Regular Season Points Over/Under
Johnny Gaudreau and a healthy Patrik Laine could make for a potent 1-2 combination for the Columbus Blue Jackets. With the Calgary Flames, Gaudreau eclipsed 80 points in three separate seasons: 2017-18 (84 points), 2018-2019 (99 points), and 2021-2022 (115 points). We’re convinced that Gaudreau would have eclipsed 80 points from 2019-2021 if he played a full schedule.
Gaudreau’s total points for the 2022-23 NHL season are at 85.5, with the over and under listed at (-114) odds. We like a Gaudreau and Laine combination, especially on the power play, and expect Gaudreau to surpass 85.5 points by the end of the season.
Our Blue Jackets’ future best bet is to take Gaudreau to score over 85.5 points in the 2022-23 season.
The Columbus Blue Jackets open the 2022-23 NHL regular season against the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday, October 12, 2022.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar4 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson4 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe7 months ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom7 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar4 hours ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago