2021 NBA Free Agents: Top Players That Will Be Available
As the NBA Playoffs wind on, it's important to remember that free agency will commence at its conclusion. So many players will be available but will have to be had for the right price. So much is going to happen between now and the start of the 2021-22 season, and much will be unrecognizable.
Let's take a look at some of the top names that will be available.
Paul George inked a 4-year extension with the Clippers just prior to the start of this season. And so, as a result, it seemed there would be continuity here. The only issue is that Kawhi Leonard has the chance to opt-out this summer. With two years left, if he opts in, there is a choice to be made.
Everything will hinge on the series with Utah. If the team failed to reach round three for a second straight season, he could opt out and command big bucks from another team. If that happens, there will be an endless list of suitors. And L.A. would regret ever pulling the trigger on the PG trade that drained them of future assets.
As the playoffs have continued, John Collins has remained a key piece to the Hawk's attack. He has done some great things on the court, helping the team to five playoff wins thus far. And his value is pretty high at the moment.
He turned down a 4-year/$80 million extension prior to the beginning of the year, betting on himself and believing that he can make more. It is likely that more $ can be had by Collins, who can score at all levels and dunk the ball with authority.
It is unclear if ATL will give him the Benjamins, as he is a restricted free agent. Any offer can be matched, though it is unclear what will happen. He is a great player that will be big-time somewhere next season.
For the past three seasons, DeMar DeRozan has put up big numbers for the Spurs. The only problem is that they have now missed the playoffs in each of the last two years. Everybody loves to win, especially on a team that had a playoff streak as long as Dejounte Murray's age.
Now that he is likely leaving, there should be a large list of suitors. He brings a lot to the table as a scorer and facilitator. He is a living embodiment of the midrange shot, which he does a lot of. Watch out for him to get $28+ million from a desperate squad.
It is very much up in the air as to whether or not Lonzo Ball stays in New Orleans. The team did not give him an extension during the year, so now he's a restricted free agent. He is free to sign an offer sheet with another team. But, the Pelicans have the opportunity to match anything.
The best hope for somebody to scoop up the talented floor general would be to throw all the money at him. If they do, and he likes it and the fit, NOLA might not be able to retain Ball.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman2 months ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago