- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Arkansas State vs. No. 3 Ohio State Betting Odds & Picks
Arkansas State will travel to Columbus, Ohio to take on the Ohio State Buckeyes for a tough matchup against one of the top teams in the Big Ten.
Ohio State wasn’t able to cover the spread in their week one 21-10 win against fifth-ranked Notre Dame. It wasn’t pretty, but it was a needed win for a team who is seeking to make the College Football Playoff this season.
Even though the Buckeyes were able to win on Saturday, they dropped one spot in the latest AP polls that came out this week. The committee expected the Buckeyes to win by more and weren’t impressed by their struggle to dominate against the Irish.
Arkansas State was able to take down Grambling State in a thrashing of 58-3. They will have their hands full against a very talented Ohio State team in a tough environment at Ohio Stadium. Arkansas State was able to hold Grambling State to only 102 yards while putting up 572 yards for themselves.
Let’s look ahead at this week two matchup between Arkansas State and the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Ohio State has a strong advantage against the overpowered Arkansas State Red Wolves. The odds are set at (-110) for the 44-point spread. At (+144), Arkansas State has the same odds of (-110) to cover. The over/under for total points scored in the game is 68.5, with odds of (-110) to bet the over or under.
Key Players Of The Game
There is no doubt that the Buckeyes will win this game, but it is very important that they use this game as a tune-up game and dominate the Red Wolves throughout.
Not only will they need to impress the committee to continue to rise to the top in the rankings, but they need to work on their consistency before Big Ten play begins.
CJ Stroud and the Buckeyes’ offense struggled in the first game against the Irish, with Stroud only passing for 223 yards and two touchdowns. As an early Heisman candidate, he has a lot to prove this season and will look to take advantage of the lesser opponent to help his cause.
Senior quarterback James Blackman led the Red Wolves with his 210 yards and two touchdowns through the air. He also added two touchdowns on the ground to be one of the five guys on the team to score on the ground.
The big story for Saturday’s game will be the defense and whether they can help out the offense at all by stopping the potent Buckeye offense.
It is very clear that Ohio State will win this game, but it is hard to tell whether the Buckeyes can cover the 44-point spread. They are the clear better team, but 44 points is tough to score in the game, let alone as a point differential. The Buckeyes defense will need to be flawless to keep Arkansas State off the board, but with that being said, I like the Red Wolves to cover the 44-point spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers January 18 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 week ago
- Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes January 12 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 weeks ago
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb3 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank4 days ago