Arkansas State vs. No. 3 Ohio State Betting Odds & Picks
Arkansas State will travel to Columbus, Ohio to take on the Ohio State Buckeyes for a tough matchup against one of the top teams in the Big Ten.
Ohio State wasn’t able to cover the spread in their week one 21-10 win against fifth-ranked Notre Dame. It wasn’t pretty, but it was a needed win for a team who is seeking to make the College Football Playoff this season.
Even though the Buckeyes were able to win on Saturday, they dropped one spot in the latest AP polls that came out this week. The committee expected the Buckeyes to win by more and weren’t impressed by their struggle to dominate against the Irish.
Arkansas State was able to take down Grambling State in a thrashing of 58-3. They will have their hands full against a very talented Ohio State team in a tough environment at Ohio Stadium. Arkansas State was able to hold Grambling State to only 102 yards while putting up 572 yards for themselves.
Let’s look ahead at this week two matchup between Arkansas State and the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Ohio State has a strong advantage against the overpowered Arkansas State Red Wolves. The odds are set at (-110) for the 44-point spread. At (+144), Arkansas State has the same odds of (-110) to cover. The over/under for total points scored in the game is 68.5, with odds of (-110) to bet the over or under.
Key Players Of The Game
There is no doubt that the Buckeyes will win this game, but it is very important that they use this game as a tune-up game and dominate the Red Wolves throughout.
Not only will they need to impress the committee to continue to rise to the top in the rankings, but they need to work on their consistency before Big Ten play begins.
CJ Stroud and the Buckeyes’ offense struggled in the first game against the Irish, with Stroud only passing for 223 yards and two touchdowns. As an early Heisman candidate, he has a lot to prove this season and will look to take advantage of the lesser opponent to help his cause.
Senior quarterback James Blackman led the Red Wolves with his 210 yards and two touchdowns through the air. He also added two touchdowns on the ground to be one of the five guys on the team to score on the ground.
The big story for Saturday’s game will be the defense and whether they can help out the offense at all by stopping the potent Buckeye offense.
It is very clear that Ohio State will win this game, but it is hard to tell whether the Buckeyes can cover the 44-point spread. They are the clear better team, but 44 points is tough to score in the game, let alone as a point differential. The Buckeyes defense will need to be flawless to keep Arkansas State off the board, but with that being said, I like the Red Wolves to cover the 44-point spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar6 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman2 months ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago