Buckeyes' CJ Stroud Frontrunner To Win Heisman Trophy
Since the start of the 2022 College Football season, Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback CJ Stroud has done nothing but dominate every single school he has faced so far this season.
Stroud has his Buckeyes sitting at a perfect 5-0 record. So far this season, he has recorded 1,376 yards to go along with 18 touchdowns and just two interceptions. In his most recent outing, he only had to put up 154 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Buckeyes past Rutgers for a 49-10 victory.
Those are indeed some crazy numbers, although Oho State is still yet to play a legit opponent. While we thought Notre Dame was going to be a legit team as they entered the week one contest ranked number five in the entire country, they have done nothing this season and continue to struggle under new head coach Marcus Freeman.
Sitting right behind him, Caleb Williams (+700) and Bryce Young (+1000) are second and third in the rankings.
Unfortunately for Alabama, Young suffered what appeared to be a shoulder injury in their Week 5 win against Arkansas. If he misses a few weeks or even a week, that could ultimately impact his chances at catching someone like Stroud in the Heisman race.
Again, the Buckeyes have not really played anyone worth their time just yet. However, their schedule will get a bit tougher as they still have to play Michigan State, No. 10 Penn State, and No.4 Michigan.
Don't get me wrong, Ohio State is loaded all across the board with weapons. However, the fact that Stroud has still been able to put up such incredible numbers without TreVeyon Henderson and Jaxon Smith-Njigba for a big part of the season so far is extremely impressive.
If Stroud is able to continue to not only pile up the stat sheet when it comes to numbers, but continue to win and put the Buckeyes in prime position to make the College Football Playoff and potentially win the National Championship, it shouldn't matter what the other Heisman candidates do. If they keep winning, Stroud should be the next athlete to enter the Heisman House.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago