- Call 1-800-522-4700
Cleveland Indians Replacement Options For Injured Josh Naylor
With Indians right fielder Josh Naylor going down with potentially one of the worst injuries in recent memory, who can the Tribe call up to replace him?
The Indians have several potential options that could help them both offensively and defensively. Even though Naylor’s productivity had been up and down throughout the season, his energy and passion for the game will surely be missed in the lineup.
Here are some potential replacements:
Despite thriving in Triple A throughout his career, Johnson has struggled to put it all together in his extremely small sample size with the Indians of only 21 at-bats accruing just 1 hit.
Since being acquired from the Nationals in the Yan Gomes trade, Johnson has perennially been a top prospect for the Tribe. And with good reason. Having a slashline of .278/.340/ .799, the issue may just be getting regular playing time on the Major League level.
After a phenomenal rookie season in 2019 hitting .269 and providing above average defense in center field, Mercado really struggled in the COVID-shortened 2020 season.
Hitting just .128 with an on base percentage of only .174 Mercado looked flat out lost at the plate at times. With the offseason acquisitions and Bradley Zimmer returning to health, Mercado found himself without a roster spot. Moreover through the first two months of the minor league season Mercado really hasn’t shown much to prove he deserves a shot at recapturing the 2019 magic.
Let me start out by saying I may be the biggest Nolan Jones fan in all of Cleveland and certainly the biggest that I am aware of.
Originally a high prospect in the Tribe’s system as a third basemen, Jones has learned how to play both first base and the outfield in order to and fill positional needs. Drafted in 2016, Jones is just 23 years old and has shown above average power and discipline at the plate. In his minor league career he has hit .276 with an on base percentage over .400.
Whether it’s now or following the seemingly inevitable trade of Jose Ramirez I believe that Nolan Jones can be the future face of the franchise.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli2 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros World Series Game 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell & Cavs Stay Red-Hot In Win Over Trail BlazersDrew Thirion19 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Thursday NFL Three Team TeaserCole Paganelli2 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans November 27 Betting PreviewSam Frohman4 days ago