- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Cleveland Indians Replacement Options For Injured Josh Naylor
With Indians right fielder Josh Naylor going down with potentially one of the worst injuries in recent memory, who can the Tribe call up to replace him?
The Indians have several potential options that could help them both offensively and defensively. Even though Naylor’s productivity had been up and down throughout the season, his energy and passion for the game will surely be missed in the lineup.
Here are some potential replacements:
Despite thriving in Triple A throughout his career, Johnson has struggled to put it all together in his extremely small sample size with the Indians of only 21 at-bats accruing just 1 hit.
Since being acquired from the Nationals in the Yan Gomes trade, Johnson has perennially been a top prospect for the Tribe. And with good reason. Having a slashline of .278/.340/ .799, the issue may just be getting regular playing time on the Major League level.
After a phenomenal rookie season in 2019 hitting .269 and providing above average defense in center field, Mercado really struggled in the COVID-shortened 2020 season.
Hitting just .128 with an on base percentage of only .174 Mercado looked flat out lost at the plate at times. With the offseason acquisitions and Bradley Zimmer returning to health, Mercado found himself without a roster spot. Moreover through the first two months of the minor league season Mercado really hasn’t shown much to prove he deserves a shot at recapturing the 2019 magic.
Let me start out by saying I may be the biggest Nolan Jones fan in all of Cleveland and certainly the biggest that I am aware of.
Originally a high prospect in the Tribe’s system as a third basemen, Jones has learned how to play both first base and the outfield in order to and fill positional needs. Drafted in 2016, Jones is just 23 years old and has shown above average power and discipline at the plate. In his minor league career he has hit .276 with an on base percentage over .400.
Whether it’s now or following the seemingly inevitable trade of Jose Ramirez I believe that Nolan Jones can be the future face of the franchise.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Early MLB Most Valuable Player CandidatesRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- 3 Keys To Another Cleveland Guardians Division TitleBarry Devoe2 months ago
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman3 months ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 14 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 12 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- It's Time To Unleash Deshaun WatsonMac Blank1 week ago