Ohio State Buckeyes Win Total Over/Under Betting Preview
The Ohio State Buckeyes are coming off a Rose Bowl berth and victory last year and are looking to build on last season to make it into the College Football Playoff this year.
With a program with such high expectations year after year, anything less than being one of the top four teams at the end of the season is a disappointment.
Playing in the Big Ten is never easy, and their non-conference schedule has a heavy hitter in there, as well, so I would not expect this season to be any easier than the past.
The good news is that with both a tough non-conference and conference schedule, they should be able to make it into the College Football Playoff with the right amount of wins.
Let’s look ahead at the 2022-23 Ohio State Buckeyes football team and what they need to do to make it into the College Football Playoff.
Ohio State Market Betting Odds
The line for the total number of wins for the Buckeyes this year is set at 11.5. They have odds of -205 to go over that win total and +165 to go under. With their twelve-game season, that leaves very little room for error.
Ohio State had a 10-win season last year with losses to only Oregon and Michigan. Michigan leap-frogger the Buckeyes to make it to the Big Ten title game and eventually into the College Football Playoff.
Ohio State Schedule Overview
The Ohio State Buckeyes will face one of their toughest opponents of the season in the first game with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
College Gameday will be in Columbus for the 7:30 p.m. primetime game that could either catapult or sink the Buckeyes right from the start. Both the Fighting Irish and the Buckeyes need this win as they are both aiming to make it to the College Football Playoff.
The Buckeyes will finish off the non-conference opponents with Arkansas State and Toledo, both at home, as well. Their first two conference opponents to start off the season are Wisconsin and Rutgers on September 24th and October 1st. These will both be played at home, which should hopefully give the Buckeyes the needed advantage to win these key matchups.
Ohio State will then play Michigan State away, Iowa at home, and Penn State on the road in the next four weeks with a BYE week after the Michigan State game.
To close out the season, the Buckeyes will play at Northwestern, at home against Indiana, on the road at Maryland, and then back home for their biggest rival, Michigan, who got the better of them a year prior.
Buckeyes Win Total Prediction: Bet The Over
I am predicting the over on 11.5 because I think this Ohio State team is much better than last year’s team, and they won ten games last season.
Notre Dame, Penn State, and Michigan will be their biggest tests, but with CJ Stroud and TreVeyon Henderson coming back for their second year, I expect the Buckeyes to be a playoff contending team.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago