Top Bets In Sports For September 14, 2022: Puskar's Picks
Outside of the Mets and Jacob deGrom losing to the Cubs in a game where the moneyline bet had the Mets by as much as (-440), it was a pretty normal day yesterday in the world of betting.
They always say to never trust such a sure bet when it comes to the moneyline and the MLB. Last night, the Mets proved exactly that, not only not being able to get anything going on offense, but losing with one of the MLB's best pitchers on the mound.
Puskar's Picks went two-for-four again yesterday, but we're looking to get above that .500 mark today.
Bet No. 1: Padres/Mariners NRFI (-130)
We smacked a no run first inning bet yesterday for the first time in a long time, as I have been staying away from them lately due to the simple fact that while they can be the most fun bet in the sport, they can also lose to bad beats all the time.
However, since we hit one yesterday, I have two NRFI plays today.
The first one comes from the Padres vs. Mariners, where Mike Clevinger of the Padres will be up against Luis Castillo of the Mariners. These are two good pitchers that should be able to keep the game low scoring throughout, especially in the beginning.
Bet No. 2: Blue Jays/Rays NRFI (-136)
My second NRFI of the day comes from the Blue Jays vs. Rays game.
It seems to be the day of aces around the league, as good starting pitching is highlighting Wednesday in the MLB.
Drew Rasmussen will go up against Ross Stripling, as both pitchers have solid records this season. Rasmussen has an era of just 2.57 this season, while Stripling is not too far behind with an ERA that is just above three. I'm counting on minimal runs here again in this game.
Bet No. 3: Mets ML (-193)
As frustrating as it was to see the Mets lose to the underwhelming Cubs when they had deGrom on the mound, we're back with the Mets again today.
My brain is telling me to once again stay away, but my heart tells me there is no way the Mets get swept by the Cubs.
We're trusting the heart today instead of the brain, as the Mets look to avoid the sweep.
Bet No. 4: White Sox ML (-250)
As much as I would love to be wrong about this bet being that I'm a Guardians fan, I just don't see Dylan Cease losing to the Rockies at home today.
Cease is not only the White Sox best arm but he is one of the MLB's best pitchers, posting a 14-6 record this season with a 2.06 ERA.
The Guardians need to keep winning and the White Sox need to keep losing to stay in first place in the AL Central, but I just don't see the White Sox losing today.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago