- Call 1-800-522-4700
UFC Fight Night Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xiaonan October 1 Betting Preview
On October 1, UFC is back with a Fight Night event at the APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada. The headliner for this card will be a UFC women’s strawweight bout. Mackenzie Dern (12-2) will be taking on fellow top contender Xiaonan Yan (15-3) in the 5-round main event.
Dern is going to enjoy having the experience of this being her second main event bout, riding momentum off a win over Tecia Torres in April of this year. In her first main event fight, she lost to a tough Marina Rodriguez.
Yan is, unfortunately, coming off of back-to-back losses to current champ Carla Esparza and the mentioned Marina Rodriguez. She will look to get her trek to a title shot back on schedule with an impressive win over Dern. Prior to her two losses, she was on a 13-fight unbeaten streak.
The best odds you can get for Yan as the underdog will be around (+200) right now during fight week. She is a very good striker and has a lot of power in her hands and kicks to hurt Dern throughout the scheduled 25 minutes.
Dern is the betting favorite at (-240) in this one. Dern is a former ADCC champion and world #1 IBJJF athlete. Her submission skills and danger on the ground is truly unmatched in any division. If this fight gets to the canvas, Yan is in a world of danger.
This matchup is very interesting in the women’s strawweight division. We know how talented Yan is, even though she has dropped two in a row. Dern is also one of the best prospects we have seen in a while and has so much potential to be a future champion.
This fight was originally supposed to be a 3-rounder, but the main event was scrapped, and this matchup was pushed up to the top of the card. They have had plenty of time to get into better cardiovascular condition, but that is a question mark coming into this weekend.
Dern has that grapplers cardio just inside of her now, so can Yan be in shape to fight hard for 5 rounds?
Yan is going to have to keep her distance and keep this fight standing for as long as she can. Dern doesn’t have the best wrestling in the world, so Yan can possibly defend takedowns and trips along the fence and keep herself on her feet.
Yan will need to be a pressure fighter and use her strong legs to kick the lower leg of Dern, along with investing in the body early. Even with all this going right for Yan, it will be a tough puzzle to beat Dern in the octagon.
Dern seems to be getting better and better every time she steps in the cage, and there will probably be even more noticeable improvements in her striking and all-around MMA skills to go along with her world-class grappling.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 month ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- UFC 280 Oliveira vs. Makhachev October 22 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- UFC Fight Night Grasso vs. Araujo Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles Sunday Night Football Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons November 27 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe20 hours ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NFL Week 12Barry Devoe3 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns Best Prop Bets November 27Ayden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans Best Prop Bets November 27Barry Devoe5 days ago