Washington Wizards vs. Cleveland Cavaliers October 23 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers have their home opener on Sunday night, and there should be plenty of excitement and energy inside of Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Cleveland will be hosting the Washington Wizards for a matchup between Eastern Conference playoff hopefuls.
Washington is coming into this game with a perfect 2-0 record, and they have looked pretty good to begin the year. The Wizards were able to hold off the Chicago Bulls on Friday night in what was a great battle.
Cleveland blew out the Bulls in Chicago on Saturday night, and that should give them some momentum. The Cavaliers have a number of new pieces that are set to make their debut in front of the Cleveland faithful.
The Cavaliers are 3.5-point betting favorites over the Wizards on Sunday night.
Wizards Slowing Things Down
The Washington Wizards are a team that wants to slow the NBA game down and try to stay in every game by playing good defense. Washington is allowing just over 103 points per game this season, and they have some terrific defenders.
Kyle Kuzma is having a big start to the season for Washington, as he is scoring 24 points per game. Washington is going to need another big game from Kuzma, but they also have Bradley Beal, that can go off.
The Wizards will have to find a way to deal with the size of the Cavaliers, and that will be something to watch. Washington could try to get out and run on offense in an attempt to negate the size advantage.
Mitchell Makes The Cavs Dangerous
The Cleveland Cavaliers came on strong a season ago, but they were still missing that one dominant player that could take over. That’s not a problem this season, as the Cavs were able to make a trade for Donovan Mitchell in the offseason.
Mitchell has wasted no time in getting things going for the Cavaliers, as he is averaging 31.5 points per game through the first two. The Cavaliers are going to have to prepare for teams to start throwing extra defenders at the star.
Cleveland held the Chicago Bulls to just 96 points in the win on Saturday night, and that defense will need to make another statement in this one.
Cavaliers Will Continue To Play Well
There is plenty of hope and optimism surrounding both the Wizards and Cavaliers, and this could end up being a pretty important game. Cleveland will definitely have the size advantage, but the Wizards are able to counter with some great guard play.
The Cavaliers will need to shoot the ball well in this game if they want to win, and they are also going to have to defend. Washington does present a pretty unique challenge for the Cavs, but it’s not something that they can’t pass.
Don’t be surprised to see a great game for the Cavaliers in Cleveland, as they will make a statement against the Wizards.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago