NJIT Highlanders vs. Cincinnati Bearcats November 30 Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Bearcats did not play at the level they hoped to play at when they made the trip to Hawaii, losing two out of three games in their Maui action. Tonight, they return home with a "cupcake" matchup when they go up against the NJIT Highlanders.
NJIT Highlanders Betting Preview
If you consider yourself a college basketball fan and you've never heard of the NJIT Highlanders, you probably aren't alone.
Sitting at just 1-5 on the young new season, they have gotten off to a brutal start.
They average just 60 points per game, with just one player averaging over double digits per contest. They enter their date with Cincinnati as 20.5 point underdogs, and are a (+1600) underdog on the moneyline.
If they are going to have any shot at winning this game, they are going to have to score more than 60 points. Cincinnati is averaging 76 points per game, so if the two teams hit their average, Cincinnati would win, but fall short of covering the spread by about four points.
Cincinnati Bearcats Betting Preview
Unlike the Highlanders, the Cincinnati Bearcats are somewhat of a legit basketball team, and should be able to handle business tonight pretty easily.
The Bearcats went 1-2 in their three games in the Maui, losing to both Arizona and Ohio State, while defeating the miserable Cardinals of Louisville by a score of 81-62, as the Cardinals currently sit at 0-7.
For Cincinnati, it seems to be all about a dual-threat of guards in Landers Noley II and David DeJulius. Both guards are averaging over 15 points per contest, and both are also shooting above 40 percent from beyond the arc.
While I would have liked to see Cincinnati play better in the Maui against a team like Ohio State, I still believe they are a good team and are just figuring out some issues that come when a new season starts.
Best Bets: Cincinnati ML, NJIT +20.5
If Cincinnati loses as a moneyline favorite with odds as large as (-7000), there will be major issues.
While there doesn't seem to be a way the Bearcats lose, I do think they could end up not covering the spread.
NJIT doesn't have a horrible defense, and while nothing seems to be good about a 1-5 team, I think NJIT could manage to not get completely blown away tonight and keep the game within 20 points.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 year ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- MAC Tournament Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Big Ten Tournament College Basketball PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes February 28 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago