- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Best MACtion Bets This Week
The action in the Mid-American Conference is starting to heat up, and the race for the conference championship is wide open. Northern Illinois and Kent State are the lone unbeaten teams, but there is plenty of time for this race to get flipped upside down.
There are six MACtion games on the schedule for Saturday, and four of the games provide great betting opportunities. Here are the best MACtion picks of the week.
Buffalo Bulls -9.0 vs. Ohio Bobcats
The 1-5 Ohio Bobcats take on the 2-4 Buffalo Bulls on Saturday in what is an important game for each team. Buffalo was supposed to be one of the favorites to win the MAC, but they have now lost two straight games.
Ohio has a lone win over Akron this season, but the Bobcats nearly upset Central Michigan a week ago. The Bobcats aren’t getting much respect as a nine-point underdog, but playing on the road isn’t going to help.
Buffalo is just too loaded offensively, and it’s hard to see Ohio keeping this game close. Bet the Bulls -9.0 as they simply outscore the Bobcats en route to a blowout win.
Akron Zips +19.5 at Miami (OH) RedHawks
The biggest spread this weekend in the MAC features a pair of 2-4 teams from the state of Ohio. Both Akron and Miami are 1-1 so far in conference play, but it is the RedHawks that are massive betting favorites in this matchup.
Akron is giving up nearly 40 points per game this season, and they have been terrible against the run. The Zips did score 35 points last weekend against Bowling Green, but they are facing a desperate and hungry Miami team in this game.
The RedHawks need quarterback Brett Gabbert to step up his play as he has thrown for just 736 yards this season. Miami is going to win this game, but they have enough flaws to allow Akron to keep this game close.
Take the 19.5 points and bet on the Zips on Saturday.
Toledo Rockets -4.5 at Central Michigan Chippewas
One of the best games of the weekend should take place in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, as the Toledo Rockets face off against the Central Michigan Chippewas. Both teams are considered to be MAC Conference title contenders, and this is an important matchup.
Toledo is one of the best defensive teams in the league, allowing just 17.5 points per game. Central Michigan wants to put points on the board, but the Chippewas are also giving up points in bunches.
Both of these teams are loaded with talent, but Toledo is simply too good on the defensive side of the football. Bet the Rockets to cover the 4.5 point spread as they pick up an impressive win on the road.
Kent State Golden Flashes ML at Western Michigan Broncos
The Golden Flashes are a near touchdown underdog on Saturday as they travel to Michigan to take on the Western Michigan Broncos. Kent State has won its first two conference games of the year, but this will be the biggest test.
Western Michigan just suffered a blowout loss to Ball State last weekend, and that defense has been a major issue all season long. The Broncos do feature a passing attack that averages 243 yards per game, but that’s about their only strength.
Kent State is rushing for nearly 240 yards per game, and running back Marquez Cooper has been a star this season. The Golden Flashes are going to be able to use that rushing attack to slow down Western Michigan on Saturday.
This league is known to deliver upsets, and Kent State completes one on Saturday.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman1 month ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Wyoming Cowboys December 30 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom5 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb1 week ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank1 week ago