- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Best MACtion Bets This Week: Saturday October 9, 2021
Last weekend was the first full weekend of MAC Conference football, and there is another loaded slate of games on tap for Saturday. The MACtion is expected to heat up, even more this weekend, and this league looks like it is completely up for grabs.
Here are three of the best MACtion bets this week, and there are some important games featuring teams from the state of Ohio.
Miami (OH) RedHawks -2.5 at Eastern Michigan Eagles
The Miami (OH) RedHawks travel to Ypsilanti, MI, on Saturday afternoon for a matchup with the Eastern Michigan Eagles. Picking up road wins in the MAC Conference is never easy, but this is a game in which the RedHawks are slight favorites.
Miami was able to pick up an impressive win over Central Michigan last weekend, and the defense was solid in that game. The RedHawks are allowing 25.4 points per game, but that unit has shown signs of turning things around.
Eastern Michigan is scoring over 32 points per game this season, but the Eagles managed just 20 points in a loss to Northern Illinois last weekend. Quarterback Ben Bryant has thrown for over 1,000 yards, but he has only six touchdown passes.
This should be a game in which Miami can take control on defense, and the RedHawks will pick up another win. Take Miami (OH) -2.5 over Eastern Michigan on Saturday.
Central Michigan Chippewas -6.0 at Ohio Bobcats
The Ohio Bobcats are back home this weekend to take on a Central Michigan squad that is looking to get back on track. This game looks like a big mismatch on paper, but home-field advantage could give Ohio a chance to keep this game close.
The Bobcats are scoring just 17.8 points per game, and they are averaging less than 150 passing yards per game. Quarterback Kurtis Rourke threw just 12 passes in the win last weekend, but Ohio is going to have to throw the ball more in this one.
Central Michigan wants to score, and they want to play extremely fast. The Chippewas are going to put extreme pressure on the Ohio defense, especially running back Lew Nichols III.
Ohio just doesn’t have enough offense to prove to be a real threat to Central Michigan, and the Chippewas win by double-digits.
Kent State Golden Flashes -5.5 vs. Buffalo Bulls
A pair of 2-3 teams meet up on Saturday when the Kent State Golden Flashes host the Buffalo Bulls. Kent State is looking to move to 2-0 in MAC Conference play while Buffalo is still looking for its first league victory.
Kent State is a tough team to figure out because all three of their losses have come against great teams. The Golden Flashes are a great rushing team, but the defensive numbers are inflated due to their competition.
Buffalo was an offensive machine a season ago, but that hasn’t always been the case this season. The Bulls are still rushing for nearly 190 yards per game, but this team will also give up some yards.
Kent State running back Marquez Cooper has rushed for 367 yards this season to lead the offense, and quarterback Dustin Crum has been good enough. This game has the potential to be a high-scoring affair, and that should favor the home team in this game.
Look for the Golden Flashes to take control of this game in the second half as they pick up a win by more than a touchdown.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman1 month ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Wyoming Cowboys December 30 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb3 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank4 days ago