Best Week 1 College Football Betting Picks & Predictions
The 2022 college football season is already off and running, as there were a handful of games in Week 0. While that was the official start to the year, things really start to heat up in Week 1.
There is a full slate of games set to take place this weekend, including the biggest game of them all in Columbus, Ohio. Here are four of the best Week 1 college football betting picks.
Illinois Fighting Illini ML at Indiana Hoosiers
Big Ten Conference rivals meet up in Bloomington, Indiana, on Friday night as the Hoosiers host the Illinois Fighting Illini. Indiana is a three-point betting favorite in the season opener, and they face an Illinois team that already has a win under its belt.
Both of these teams should be right on the cusp of reaching a bowl game in 2022, and this game will be important for those standings. Indiana is going to have its hands full against an Illinois team with a dominant rushing attack.
The Fighting Illini have a big edge in already having a win, and they go into Indiana and pick up a small upset win on Friday night.
Oregon Ducks +17.0 at Georgia Bulldogs
The Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game will feature the Oregon Ducks and Georgia Bulldogs battling in a big matchup. Georgia is a big favorite in this matchup, but those odds could be based on what took place a season ago.
The Bulldogs are once again going to be a great defensive team, but they could have some issues with scoring the ball. Oregon will not be a team that struggles to score, and they are going to try to speed up the tempo in this matchup.
Giving the Ducks 17 points is simply too much, and you can’t pass up on taking those points in this game.
Cincinnati Bearcats +6.0 at Arkansas Razorbacks
The Cincinnati Bearcats are coming off of the best season in school history as they were in the College Football Playoff a season ago. Cincinnati gets a tough test right out of the gate as they take on the Arkansas Razorbacks.
The Bearcats have to replace a number of stars from the 2021 team, but they still have one of the best coaches in the country. Arkansas is a team that is receiving plenty of preseason hype, but they have yet to really prove anything.
This game is going to be tight, and taking Cincinnati +6.0 is the best bet to make.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Ohio State Buckeyes -17.0
The Ohio State Buckeyes host the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Saturday night in the game of the weekend. Notre Dame is the number five ranked team in the country, while Ohio State is right behind Alabama at number two.
The Fighting Irish are going to try to slow down the tempo in this game, and they can’t let this turn into a shootout. That’s nearly impossible to do against the Buckeyes as quarterback CJ Stroud is as good as they come.
This game should be tight for a half, but it will be all Ohio State in the second half. Take the Buckeyes -17.0 as they roll to a big win.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe9 months ago
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago