CFB Saturday Best Bets: Down to the Nitty Gritty
We have already reached Week Ten of the college football season, and the action really starts to heat up now. The first College Football Playoff rankings have just been announced, and it has a major impact on a pair of teams from the state of Ohio.
Week 10 also provides some great college football betting opportunities. Here are the three best college football bets for the games taking place on Saturday.
Michigan State Spartans -3.0 at Purdue Boilermakers
The first game to focus on for Saturday comes from the Big Ten Conference and it is easily the best bet to make for the entire weekend. The Michigan State Spartans are just three-point favorites at Purdue and that line has felt way off since it was released.
Michigan State is a perfect 8-0 on the year, and running back Kenneth Walker III has been running over opponents all season long. Walker has racked up 1,194 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns this season and will be unstoppable in this game.
Purdue does have a solid defense, but the Boilermakers are scoring just 22.9 points per game. Even though this game is being played at Purdue, Michigan State is going to take control and cover the very small spread.
Ohio State Buckeyes -15.0 at Nebraska Cornhuskers
The Ohio State Buckeyes were just outside the top-four in the first CFP rankings, but there is still some time to make noise. Ohio State travels to Nebraska on Saturday to take on a 3-5 Cornhuskers team.
Ohio State has scored more than 50 points in four of their last five games, and the Buckeyes offense is clicking on all cylinders. Quarterback CJ Stroud continues to make a case for the Heisman Trophy as he has now thrown for 2,270 yards and 23 touchdowns.
Nebraska has been a solid defensive team this season, but they are also a team that seems to make crucial mistakes. Quarterback Adrian Martinez has accounted for 23 touchdowns on the year, but he has also thrown seven interceptions.
The Cornhuskers can keep this game close, but Ohio State just has too many weapons. The Buckeyes win this game by at least three touchdowns to cover the spread.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane +22.5 at Cincinnati Bearcats
Despite being a perfect 8-0 in the year, Cincinnati was at number six in the first CFP rankings that came out. The Bearcats host the 3-5 Tulsa Golden Hurricane on Saturday and they need to make a statement.
Despite remaining perfect on the season, the Bearcats just have not been as dominant over the last few weeks. Cincinnati struggled to beat Navy just a few weeks ago and didn’t blow out Tulane as easily as expected.
Tulsa is a terrible defensive team, but the Golden Hurricane is rushing for nearly 180 yards per game. This rushing attack will allow Tulsa to slow down Cincinnati and will keep the game much closer than expected.
This is another chance for Cincinnati to make a statement, but they won’t be able to get it done in this one. Take the 22.5 points and bet on Tulsa in this matchup.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe8 months ago
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank1 month ago