Cincinnati Bearcats at Tulane Green Wave Betting Preview: Bearcats Hungry for Playoffs
The number two Cincinnati Bearcats will travel to Louisiana to take on the Tulane Green Wave at noon EST on ESPN2 for an American Athletic Conference matchup. Cincinnati is a perfect 7-0 overall and 3-0 in the conference looking to be the first non-Power 5 conference team to make the College Football Playoff.
Tulane is 1-6 overall and 0-3 in conference play. Tulane’s sole win is against Morgan State. They will look to be a big blemish on Cincinnati’s resume with a win on Saturday, but that will be a big task with Cincinnati being so talented on both sides of the ball.
Cincinnati is the heavy favorite in this matchup by a margin of 26.5. They have the odds of -105 to cover at this spread. Tulane, at +26.5, has odds of -115 to win against the spread. The over/under is set at 61.5 with odds of -115 to bet the over and -105 to bet the under.
Keys to a Bearcats Victory
Cincinnati struggled to defend against the triple-option against Navy in their last game as they squeaked by to a 27-20 win. The defense couldn’t figure out how to stop them and Desmond Ridder did not play well.
Tulane does not defend well against the run, which should allow for Jerome Ford to have a big day and take the pressure off Ridder. Tulane has given up 40 or more points in four out of their last five games and Cincinnati will be the best offense that they have faced.
Keys to a Green Wave Victory
The Tulane offense is led by quarterback Michael Pratt who needs to be flawless in this game to keep it close. Pratt has done well staying away from interceptions, only throwing five so far this season. He has thrown 16 touchdowns and likes to spread the wealth around to different receivers, which makes it hard to defend when there isn’t the main target.
Lead Rusher Cameron Carroll is having a good season averaging five yards per carry has only found the end zone twice. The offense will need to continually score to match up with the Bearcats offense that should fare especially well against the spotty green wave defense.
The Bearcats should win this game with ease and will be looking to blow out this team after their struggles last game versus Navy. They know that the committee is watching them closely for any mistakes and another close win like last week could even be enough to hurt their playoff chances.
With very few tough games left on the schedule, besides SMU, the Cincinnati Bearcats will be hungry on the road for a commanding win, and I expect to see that on Saturday. The first College Football Playoff rankings are coming out next week so this will be Cincinnati’s last chance to prove themselves before they figure out what value the committee sees out of the Bearcats.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe9 months ago
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates February 15 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe10 months ago
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Tulane Green Wave February 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe10 months ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe10 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago