- Call 1-800-522-4700
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Carolina Hurricanes October 12 Betting Preview
After a long summer, Columbus Blue Jackets hockey returns as the Jackets travel to Carolina to take on the Carolina Hurricanes.
Columbus is hoping to build the team back to playoff contention, while Carolina has made moves to try and get closer to representing the Eastern Conference in the Stanley Cup finals.
The Hurricanes will prove a tough test to open the 2022-23 season for the Blue Jackets, who enter the game as the betting underdog.
During the preseason, the Blue Jackets met the Hurricanes and sent an unrepresentative lineup to the ice on October 3rd with terrible results: The Hurricanes defeated the Blue Jackets 8-1.
Puck drop for the Blue Jackets vs. Hurricanes is scheduled for 7:00 p.m this evening.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets enter the NHL regular season with a 4-2-2 (W-L-OTL) in the 2022 NHL Preseason. Columbus landed Johnny Gaudreau, the biggest free-agent acquisition of the summer for any team, who should significantly impact the Blue Jackets’ offensive production, especially on the power play.
Expect Elvis Merzlikins to have another great season, although he will miss tonight's opener due to an illness. In the 2021-22 season, Merzlikins recorded a 27-23-7 record in 59 appearances, posting a 3.22 goals against average, a .907 save percentage, and two shutouts.
As for injuries, Center Gustav Nyquist and defensemen Erik Gudbranson have both been removed from being listed as day-to-day, while left-winger Joona Luoto and backup goalie Joonas Korpisalo start the season on the injured reserve list.
Carolina Hurricanes Betting Preview
The Carolina Hurricanes posted a 4-1 record in the preseason. After acquiring Brent Burns from San Jose, the Hurricanes have an excellent group of defensemen, especially within their top four. Carolina has made moves to get deeper on offense, bringing in productive veterans Paul Stasny and Max Pacioretty to strengthen their Stanley Cup chances.
However, the Hurricanes will be without Pacioretty to start the season, as he is listed on the injured reserve list, along with center Ryan Suzuki and defensemen Cavan Fitzgerald, while Jake Gardiner is on the long-term injured reserve list.
We expect Frederik Andersen in the net for the Hurricanes on Wednesday night. In the 2021-22 NHL season, Andersen posted a 35-14-3 record in 52 appearances, posting a 2.17 goals against average, a .922 save percentage, and four shutouts.
Blue Jackets vs. Hurricanes Odds
According to betJACK, the Blue Jackets will play as heavy underdogs, as their moneyline bet sits at (+360). The Hurricanes are the favorites, with their moneyline odds sitting at (-173).
The puck line spread is set to 1.5. The Blue Jackets +1.5, have odds of (-110) to cover, while the Hurricanes -1.5 have odds of (-109).
It’s time for some bad news, Blue Jackets fans: we’re opening the 2022-23 NHL season favoring the Carolina Hurricanes to win the season opener.
The Hurricanes are the better team on paper and are primed for a deep run in the playoffs, while the Blue Jackets are still a few pieces away from being a contender to make the playoffs. However, if you were looking for a Blue Jackets wager, we think this game will end in a one-goal spread, so picking the Blue Jackets to cover the spread at (-110) has the potential to pay out.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Montreal Canadiens vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 23 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 19 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- Montreal Canadiens vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 17 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- Philadelphia Flyers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. New York Islanders November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell & Cavs Stay Red-Hot In Win Over Trail BlazersDrew Thirion19 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Thursday NFL Three Team TeaserCole Paganelli2 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans November 27 Betting PreviewSam Frohman4 days ago