- Call 1-800-522-4700
Georgia vs. Alabama National Championship Best Bets
There were a lot of other options out there, like a breath of fresh air Cincinnati vs. Michigan National Championship or even an Ohio State vs. Alabama rematch from last season, but we’ve probably got the best matchup possible when the Crimson Tide square off with Georgia for all the marbles on Monday.
Some might say this matchup is stale with the two squads just meeting up on December 4th in a 41-24 Alabama win in the SEC Championship on December 4th.
Either way, it’s still the last college football game until next August and is still a great opportunity for wagering, so here are the best bets for this contest.
The Crimson Tide are getting points in the national championship despite beating Georgia by 17 in their first meeting this season in the SEC Championship game. Sure the Bulldogs have had one of the better defenses in recent memory, but offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien is looking for one more resume-building performance as he may be fielding offers to get back in the NFL.
Alabama would have value-giving 2.5, let alone getting the points for just the second time all season. This may seem like a trap play luring bettors in for a Georgia win, but it’s worth the risk with the Heisman winner and Nick Saban as a coach.
Stetson Bennett IV Over 254.5 Pass Yards
Basically, a good hedge play is that if Alabama is going to win, Stetson Bennett IV is probably going to have a good night passing. That may seem counterintuitive - if the Tide win, it’ll be because they shut down the UGA QB - but actually, Bennett hitting this over is due to him throwing the ball more facing a deficit.
Bennett threw for 340 and 3 TDs vs. Alabama in the SEC Championship game while down 38-17 early in the 4th quarter. He has tossed for 254+ in four of the last six, so that number seems on the low side.
Brian Robinson Over 63.5 yards
Alabama likes to put on a show through the air on the national stage, which is why RB Brian Robinson’s rush yardage total is just 63.5 yards. That may seem insulting after he scampered for 200+ yards in the win over Cincinnati, but the real telling stat in that game was his 28 carries.
Robinson has carried for 64+ yards in four of the last five; the only time being held below that was a 16 carry, 55-yard performance vs. Georgia in the SEC Championship game. The Bulldogs did have the #4 rush defense in the nation (82.2 ypg), but if Alabama gets up big, they will focus more on running the ball and churning out the clock.
Brock Bowers TD (+100)
A nice counter wager to Alabama covering the +2.5 point spread is Georgia WR Brock Bowers getting a TD at +100. The bigger a lead the Crimson Tide build up, the better of a chance that the Bulldogs throw the ball, and there’s no greater threat through the air than Bowers, who has six TD catches over the last four games.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football Week 13Ryan Knuppel3 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel5 days ago
- No. 21 Tulane vs. No. 25 Cincinnati November 25 Betting PreviewSam Frohman1 week ago
- Grading NFL & College Football Future BetsDrew Thirion1 week ago
- No. 25 Cincinnati Bearcats vs. Temple Owls November 19 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles Sunday Night Football Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons November 27 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe20 hours ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NFL Week 12Barry Devoe3 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns Best Prop Bets November 27Ayden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans Best Prop Bets November 27Barry Devoe5 days ago