- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Georgia vs. Alabama National Championship Bet Preview
Two familiar foes meet up on Monday, January 10th, when SEC rivals Georgia and Alabama square off in the National Championship.
The Crimson Tide are looking for a second straight title and are familiar with the pressure of the situation playing in the CFP finale for the fifth time in the last six seasons.
Revenge is the name of the game for Georgia; not only did they lose to Alabama 41-24 in the SEC Championship game to tarnish UGA’s perfect 12-0 record at the time, but the Crimson Tide also topped the Bulldogs 26-23 in the 2017 National Championship game.
UGA Ready to Buckle Down?
Georgia has had all the capital built up from a 12-0 start to the season basically washed away after the loss to Alabama in the SEC Championship. Even though the Bulldogs beat Michigan rather handily 34-11 in the CFP and are favored on Monday night, most people are considering this Alabama’s game to lose.
Kirby Smart’s squad had their usual solid defensive performance against the Wolverines, holding Michigan to 91 yards rushing on 27 carries after UM tallied 297 vs. Ohio State in week 13 and 211 vs. Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game. UGA had a top 5 defense in total yards, points, rush yards, and pass yards allowed, but it doesn’t mean anything until you can stop Alabama.
Of course, even if the Georgia defense does come out to play on Monday night, they are still going to need some production from their offense. The 313 yard, 3TD game (on 20/30 passing) from Stetson Bennett IV last game was nice, but Bennett needs to eliminate the turnovers he had in the SEC Championship game throwing two INTs.
Icing for Young?
Alabama had a hiccup in a 41-38 loss at Texas A&M back on October 9th, but that was their only blemish on the year and has been followed by an 8-game win streak. That’s not saying there weren’t some close calls like one-score wins over LSU and Arkansas as well as an OT victory over Auburn in the Iron Bowl - but many people think the Tide are right where they thought they’d be playing for another national championship.
Bryce Young has a chance to join the likes of Joe Burrow, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Matt Leinart as recent QBs to win the Heisman Trophy and National Championship in the same season. Young had just 181 yards passing against Cincinnati in the CFP but did throw 3 TDs.
Young has 43 TDs on the year against just 4 INTs, so it’s safe to say that even Georgia’s #1 ranked defense is in trouble on Monday night. Couple Young’s prowess through the air with Brian Robinson, Jr. running for 204 yards vs. Cincinnati, and it’s really hard to go against Alabama here - especially when they are getting points.
Georgia vs Alabama Summary
Remember, Alabama was a +6 point underdog vs. Georgia in the SEC Championship game, and Nick Saban is very well versed with the pressure situation of the CFP playing for the national championship for the sixth time in the last seven years.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman1 month ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Wyoming Cowboys December 30 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom5 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb1 week ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank1 week ago