Navy vs. Cincinnati November 5 Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Bearcats will return home to face the Navy Midshipmen on Saturday for a 4 p.m kickoff at Nippert Stadium. The Bearcats are coming off a disappointing second loss of the season. Navy is 3-3 but on a one-game win streak after defeating Temple at home in overtime last weekend.
Cincinnati fell to 6-2 on Saturday after being defeated 25-21 on a touchdown by the Knights in the last minute of the game. The Bearcats struggled to find any success on the ground, with only 35 yards for the team for the game. Ben Bryant had a rough game, only completing 25 of his 45 passes and one touchdown.
Navy came away with a thrilling overtime 27-20 win. The Midshipmen gave up ten points to the Owls in the fourth quarter without scoring any of their own to let their lead slip away. Navy passed the ball a total of two times in the whole game. Daba Fofana, Xavier Arline, and Anton Hall Jr. found the end zone for Navy on the ground.
Let’s look ahead at the Week 10 matchup in the American Conference between the Cincinnati Bearcats and the Navy Midshipmen.
Cincinnati is an early 19-point favorite with their home-field advantage in front of what will be a sold-out Nippert Stadium. Their odds at -19 are (-110). The Midshipmen have the same odds of (-110) at +19. The over/under for total points expected to be scored in the game is set at 45.5 with odds of (-110) to bet the over and under, respectively.
Keys To The Game
The Bearcats' defense could not get any penetration into UCF’s front line at the end of last Saturday’s game which will not bode well for them if they have a similar struggle this week against Navy. Navy rushes the ball on 82 percent of their plays which ranks second, and have the fourth most rushing yards in the NCAA.
The Bearcats' defense will be the key to this game because if they can stop the Midshipmen on offense, then the Bearcats should have no problem scoring and keeping this game out of reach. If they don’t stop the Navy run, then it will be another tough grind of a game for this Bearcats team.
The key for Navy is simple: run the ball well, and they can keep this game close. Navy was one of the only teams to give the Bearcats a scare last year on their quest to make it to the College Football Playoff. They can add more salt to the wound this year by handing them their third loss of the season with another powerful performance like last year.
I like the Bearcats to come out victorious in this one after having consecutive weeks of poor performances. However, I expect Navy to cover because Cincinnati does not defend well against a powerful running team which was displayed last year. This year, the Bearcats have less talent and will struggle again.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 year ago
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago