- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
NCAA National Championship: Early Look At Odds
The College Football Championship is set for Monday, January 10 and it is a matchup that was expected. It will be the top-seeded Alabama Crimson Tide taking on the Georgia Bulldogs.
Georgia was the clear betting favorite to win the title throughout the season, but things changed after the SEC Championship Game. The Bulldogs picked up a 34-11 win over Michigan in the semifinals, and that could give them momentum for this one.
Alabama picked up a 27-6 win over Cincinnati in the semifinals, and the Crimson Tide destroyed Georgia in the SEC Championship Game. The Crimson Tide looked beatable at times this season, but they still suffered just one loss.
The Georgia Bulldogs are three-point favorites over the Alabama Crimson Tide in the CFP Championship Game and the over/under is set at 52.5 total points.
Crimson Tide Want to Throw
The Crimson Tide ran the ball effectively in the win over Cincinnati, but that won’t be the strategy in this game. Alabama is averaging over 330 passing yards per game, and they have the Heisman Trophy winner under center.
Bryce Young has thrown 46 touchdowns this season, while only tossing five interceptions. Alabama is facing a Georgia defense that can shut down the run, and they will simply try to look for holes in the secondary.
Alabama has some defensive stars on that side of the ball, and they already proved that they could shut down the Georgia attack. The Crimson Tide will look to get pressure on Stetson Bennett and force Georgia to run.
Georgia Slowing Things Down
Georgia does not have as many weapons as Alabama, and they can’t afford to get into a track meet with the Crimson Tide. The Bulldogs are scoring 39 points per game, but the dominant defense has helped them put up some big offensive numbers.
Quarterback Stetson Bennett has thrown for just 2,638 yards this season, and he has also thrown seven interceptions. Bennett will have to take care of the football in this matchup, but he must also make some big plays.
It will be the rushing attack from Georgia that can win this game for the Bulldogs, but running against Alabama is never an easy task.
‘Bama Beats Bulldogs Again in Defensive Battle
Betting against the Alabama Crimson Tide has not worked out well in the past, and it’s hard to see that changing in this game. Alabama beat up on Georgia pretty well in the SEC Championship Game, and the Crimson Tide have owned the Bulldogs in recent years.
Georgia has been the best defensive team in the country, but they haven’t always been able to move the ball against great teams. Alabama is going to use the defense and rushing attack to take control of this matchup and win another title.
Bet on the Alabama Crimson Tide moneyline in a game that is much lower scoring than the first matchup. Combine the Alabama moneyline play by taking a bet on the under as well.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman3 months ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Wyoming Cowboys December 30 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 14 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel5 days ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 12 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- It's Time To Unleash Deshaun WatsonMac Blank1 week ago