- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Ohio State Buckeyes at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Betting Preview
The scarlet and gray Ohio State Buckeyes will take on the Rutgers Scarlet Nights at SHI Stadium in New Jersey on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. EST on Big Ten Network. The Buckeyes and Scarlet Knights both come into this game with a record of 3-1.
No. 11 Ohio State took care of Akron seamlessly in their last game by a score of 59-7. Rutgers suffered their first loss of the season against Michigan 20-13. They will look to get back on track in the Big Ten in this NCAAF matchup.
The visiting Buckeyes are a 15-point favorite with odds of -105 with that spread. Rutgers, at +15, have odds of -115 to cover that spread. The over/under for total points scored in this game is 58.5. The odds to bet either the under or the over is -110.
🏈Lock in your FREE picks for Ohio State vs. Rutgers for your chance to win a $50 Visa Gift Card! 🏈
Keys to an Ohio State Win
CJ Stroud will be coming off a shoulder injury after sitting out for the Akron game. It may take him a little while to get comfortable in the rhythm of the game, so TreVeyon Henderson will need to run the ball well in this one. He has had a great season so far, including a 277-yard performance against Tulsa and 93 yards on eight carries against Akron.
This will be another good test for the Buckeyes, who haven’t completed figured out how this team’s talent will fit together. The Rutgers’ run defense has been good thus far this season. It will be intriguing to see how Ohio State will fare on the road in their second big ten matchup of the season.
Keys to a Rutgers Win
Rutgers’ key will come from controlling the clock and trying to keep this game close going into the final parts of this game. They will rely on their home crowd to try to pull off the upset against a talented Ohio State team.
The Scarlet Knights are nothing flashy. They make the tackles they are expected to make and take care of the ball on offense. They will need to create long drives to find a breakthrough in the Ohio State defense. If they go three-and-out too many times, this game will not end well.
The Ohio State offense is second in the nation in total offense. Even though their defense is still figuring it out, the offense will provide enough relief to give the defense the opportunity to settle into this game. If the Buckeyes can protect the football and limit the crucial mistakes, they should be able to take care of Rutgers on the road.
The Buckeyes need to use this game to figure out what is working and what isn’t and make those adjustments before they get into the heart of their schedule. They need to be perfect the rest of the season if they want a chance to be considered for the College Football Playoff. One slip-up would ruin their chances completely.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 month ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers January 18 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes January 12 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 14 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman5 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 12 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom5 days ago
- It's Time To Unleash Deshaun WatsonMac Blank1 week ago