Three Best Ohio State vs Purdue Prop Bets to Make
The Buckeyes moved up a spot in the College Football Playoff to number four which puts them in the Playoff in their current state. They have a tough road ahead with games against Purdue and Michigan State at home and Michigan at the Big House. Purdue cracked into the College Football Playoff, being ranked 19th.
Let’s look at the three best prop bets for the Ohio State vs. Purdue matchup on Saturday.
Three Best Prop Bets
Purdue Over 0.5 Total Points - 1st Quarter (-105)
This seems too simple to not pick as one of the best prop bets for the game. Betting on Purdue to score at all in the first quarter where they will probably get two possessions seems likely enough. They need to score in any way possible that could hit as easily as the first possession.
The Purdue offense is not incredible, but it is not the worst. The Boilermakers have a serious passing game that ranks seventh in pass yards per game and third in completion percentage. If they can get an early field goal or touchdown, this is an easy early win. The Buckeyes defense is improving but can still be inconsistent at times.
🏈 Lock in your Ohio State Buckeyes vs Purdue Boilermakers picks for a chance at a $50 VISA gift card! Click Here To Enter! 🏈
Ohio State Under 9.5 Points – 1st Quarter (-105)
Ohio State is capable of scoring more than 9.5 points in the first quarter, but I expect this game to get off to a slow start. If the Buckeyes need to punt at all in the first quarter, then this bet will most likely hit.
Ohio State has big-play potential, but the Purdue defense defends against the pass well, which should force Ohio State to run more. Even if the Buckeyes can drive down the field with mostly runs, the clock will run down quickly if the Purdue run defense doesn’t allow a big run.
The best part about this prop bet is that the chances that it hits increases greatly if Purdue starts with the ball but isn’t ruined at all if Ohio State starts with the ball.
Purdue +10.5 – 1st Half (-105)
Ohio State should have the lead going into the locker room at halftime, but I predict that this game will be a low-scoring affair and closer than the oddsmakers think it will be. If these both are true, this works out great for this prop bet.
If both teams end up scoring a lot in the first half, this prop bet is still in play. I would not mess with the over/under because this game could very well pick up as the clock ticks on, but it won’t be a blowout going after the first half.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe9 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli9 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman10 months ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel10 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago