- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Week Zero College Football Best Bets
College football is back.
Well, not the best teams in the country, but we have football. Week zero football sounds a little underwhelming but at least we have a matchup with Scott Frost and Bret Bielema. Their teams aren’t great yet they both have controversies surrounding them which should at least add some needed drama to a warm-up weekend of college football.
Since football is back, I’m here to supply you with picks. I’ll send out my college football picks and keep track of them so you know whether to follow or fade my picks. I was 61 percent ATS on picks I sent out last football season, so I would consider myself pretty reliable. Was that my best season ever? Yes, but I might just keep that rolling into this season as well.
Here are my picks:
Nebraska (-7) vs Illinois O/U 55
I hate to do this. It’s not very fun, but winning money is what’s most important.
Neither one of these teams are very good, but I’m higher on Nebraska than most people; however, not high enough to pick them without seeing them play this year.
Adrian Martinez will be one of the few playmakers on the field on Saturday, so I would lean Nebraska -7, but that’s not my pick. I love the under in this game.
Illinois had one of the worst offenses in the country last year, and I doubt Bret Bielema can fix that right away. Even if they manage to score over their last season average of 20, I can’t see Nebraska carrying enough to hit this over. I see this game being a classic low-scoring Big 10 game with a lot of punts.
Leans: Nebraska -7
Picks: Under 55
UCONN vs Fresno St. (-27.5) O/U 63
Keep it simple, stupid.
UCONN is terrible at football and will get destroyed in this game. But if that isn’t enough to convince you, I’ll give you some stats to help you out.
Fresno State’s QB Jake Haener threw for over 2000 yards last year and he will be going up against a UCONN squad coming off a missed 2020 season. He will be paired with running back Ronnie Rivera who ran for over 500 yards in just six games.
UCONN on the other hand is still going through a QB battle. You had two seasons to figure out who your starter was going to be and you still don’t know??? They still have a decent run game so they might be able to cash the over.
Leans: Over 63
Picks: UCONN -27.5
Hawaii vs UCLA (-17.5) O/U 68.5
This might be the final season of the Chip Kelly experiment if things don’t go well. He hasn’t made a bowl in his first three seasons in LA and hasn’t won a non-conference game over that span as well. However, Hawaii has never beaten UCLA, and I don’t think this will change here.
Bruins QB Dorain Thomas-Robinson took big steps forward last year, and he’s the only thing that matters this year for UCLA. I’m betting on him to take that step and fully drive Chip Kelly’s high-tempo offense.
I don’t have a lean on the total for this game but I do have a lean on UCLA -17.5. No official pick here but bet on DTR to carry UCLA in this one.
Leans: UCLA -17.5
Remember, bet responsibly.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman1 month ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Wyoming Cowboys December 30 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli5 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb4 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank5 days ago