NBA MVP Early-Season Betting Odds & Favorites
MVP is a chant that rings through every NBA arena throughout the season at some point. But, in reality, any player can have a hot stretch that earns such a chorus from the home faithful. However, there are usually only about three to five players with an honest chance of winning.
Luka Doncic (+450)
Doncic has his eyes on getting Dallas to the finals, and if he stays healthy, the Mavericks will have a great opportunity to do so. With how Doncic plays, his accumulation of stats will also impress voters. Even early in the 2022-23 season, Doncic is already averaging over 30 points per game, along with eight rebounds and eight assists per contest.
Doncic, who is always a threat to get a triple-double, averages 26.4 points per game scoring over the life of his career.
Giannis Antetokoumpo (+600)
Despite not being a good outside shooter, the former two-time MVP has helped create a basketball renaissance in Milwaukee. Antetokounmpo has been a double-double player for the last seven years of his career after starting as a teenager. The Bucks are also one of the favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference again.
If Milwaukee can continue to play well, and Antetokounmpo stays healthy, the Bucks’ all-world player will be in the running at the end of the year.
Joel Embiid (+700)
Embiid’s case usually comes down to an issue of health. When the 76ers’ big man plays, he is a star. However, the problem when it comes to winning the MVP is that Embiid usually doesn’t play enough. Only three times since he came in the league during the 2016-17 season has Embiid played 60 or more games.
Last year, Embiid played in 68 games and he was a double-double player. As the NBA changes, seeing a player be a true force on the low blocks is changing as teams want players to space the floor.
Ja Morant (+1000)
The Murray State product has made the Grizzlies a franchise that people have to have their eyes on. Memphis earned the two seed out of the Western Conference last season in large part due to Morant’s brilliance.
Morant is scoring over 30 points per game on the season and is averaging seven assists per game. Memphis will have to win a lot for him to contend.
Kevin Durant (+1000)
Durant will be the engine that drives the Nets if the superteam is finally going to break through for a title. If Durant can stay healthy and Brooklyn can get near the top of the Eastern Conference standings, he should garner strong consideration for MVP.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar10 hours ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago