- Call 1-800-522-4700
How to Bet on Cincinnati Cyclones
How to Bet on Cincinnati Cyclones - Types of Bets
Most major sportsbooks offer betting options on the ECHL. Once you've managed to pick one that's suited to you, these are the major types of ice hockey bets that you will come across:
If you're still learning how to bet on the Cincinnati Cyclones, an easy place to start is the moneyline bet. This is a simple bet on the winner of a game. For instance, if the Cincinnati Cyclones (-200) are playing against the Fort Wayne Komets (+120), you would have to bet $200 on them to win $100 if they go on to win. If you bet on the Komets to win, a $100 wager would win you $120.
Puck Line Bets
A puck line bet is ice hockey's equivalent of a spread or a line, i.e., it's a bet on the margin of victory or loss in a game rather than just the final result. The table below illustrates how the puck line odds even the playing field between the underdog and the favorite in comparison to a moneyline bet:
Puck line odds
Fort Wayne Komets
The Komets are favorites in this example. This means that they will begin the game on paper with a -2.5-point deficit. Think of what would happen if the game actually began this way in real life; it would mean that the Cyclones would have a points advantage against the favorites from the first whislte. The same logic applies here - the bookmakers introduce the spread to even the scales and encourage betting on both sides.
Based on the puck line odds above, the Komets would have to beat the Cyclones by three goals for your bet to be successful. The Cyclones, if you bet on them, would have to ensure that they either win the game or lose by no more than two points.
Total Score Bets (Over/Under Bets)
Another easy market to understand when learning how to bet on the Cincinnati Cyclones is the total score market. The bookmaker provides a number before the game, and your bet will be on whether the final aggregate score (the two teams' scores combined) will be over or under that number. If you're good at understanding which teams are likely to play low-scoring games or which contest involves one team with a leaky defense, this market could work well for you.
ECHL Prop Bets
Prop bets focus on segments of a game, like which player is likely to score the last goal, whether a player will get over/under 1.5 assists in a game, and so on.
NHL Outrights and Futures
Outright markets allow you to bet on which team is likely to win the Kelly Cup. Futures markets are related - they allow you to bet on future outcomes, like who will end up MVP, whether a team will make the playoffs, and so on.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Montreal Canadiens vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 23 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 19 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- Montreal Canadiens vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 17 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- Philadelphia Flyers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. New York Islanders November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell & Cavs Stay Red-Hot In Win Over Trail BlazersDrew Thirion19 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Thursday NFL Three Team TeaserCole Paganelli2 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans November 27 Betting PreviewSam Frohman4 days ago