South Florida vs. No. 24 Cincinnati Bearcats October 8 Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Bearcats will host the South Florida Bulls on Saturday afternoon at 2:30 p.m at Nippert Stadium. The 4-1 Bearcats are coming off of their fourth win in a row last Saturday, where they went into Oklahoma and beat Tulsa by a score of 31-21. The Bulls, on the other hand, have struggled this season, as they sit at just 1-4.
Corey Kiner led the Bearcats' offense by hitting the century mark in rushing yards and averaging 8.8 yards per carry with one touchdown. The defense also came to play for the Bearcats as they were able to intercept Tulsa twice, including a pick six. Both teams were held scoreless in the final quarter to keep the result in Cincinnati's favor.
East Carolina was able to get the road win against the Bulls last Saturday by a score of 48-28. South Florida's Gerry Bohanon played well by throwing for 253 yards, three touchdowns, and no interceptions, but it wasn't enough to overcome the six-touchdown barrage from Pirates quarterback Holton Ahlers to hand South Florida their first conference loss of the season.
Let's look ahead to this American Athletic Conference matchup between the South Florida Bulls and the Cincinnati Bearcats.
Cincinnati is the heavy 28-point favorite in this matchup. They have odds of (-110) to win at that spread, and South Florida has the same odds of (-110) to cover the 28-point difference. The over/under for the game is set at 59.5, with odds of (-110) to bet the over or under.
Keys To The Game
The Bearcats need Ben Bryant to come out of his shell if they want to do something special this season. He had back to back 300 yard passing games against Miami Ohio and Indiana before only putting up 166 last week against Tulsa. In order for Cincinnati to have a great amount of success, they need Bryant to be successful in the air.
For the Bulls, Gerry Bohanon had his best game of the year, but if you look at his season this year, he has double the interceptions to passing touchdowns, and that is not a recipe for success. Running back Brian Battie will need to have the game of his life for South Florida to win this game. He is averaging 7.7 yards per carry in his 391 total yards on the ground with three touchdowns.
Bohanon has also found success on the ground with his 210 yards and two scores this season. Obviously, the Bulls' defense will need to step up and limit the big plays to keep the Bulls in this game and give the offense good enough field position to score points in a hostile playing environment.
I like the Bearcats to flex their muscle after a tough Week 5 road win last weekend. I am rolling with the Bearcats with the spread because I don't think South Florida has the talent to keep up with Cincinnati, and the home crowd in Cincinnati will be tough to play in front of.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar6 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 year ago
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman2 months ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago