- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Army vs Navy Bet Preview and Picks
The most storied rivalry in college football is set to renew on Saturday when the Army Black Knights meet up with the Navy Midshipmen at MetLife Stadium. There will be plenty of attention on this game as it is the only one being played at the FBS level.
Army comes into this game with a ton of momentum as they have won each of their last four games. The Black Knights are 8-3 on the season, and they want to cap things off with a win over their rival.
Navy has gone just 3-8 this season, but they did pick up a win over Temple in their most recent game. The Midshipmen have gone 7-4 against the spread, and that shows that they can keep games close.
The Army Black Knights are 7.5-point betting favorites over the Navy Midshipmen in this massive rivalry game.
Army Can Really Defend
Army is allowing just 22.8 points per game this season, and it has been the defense that has allowed them to rack up the wins. The Black Knights are allowing just 103 rushing yards per game, and that’s going to play a key role in this matchup.
On offense, Army is going to run the ball on nearly every snap. The Black Knights are rushing for more than 300 yards per game, and they have a deep roster of running backs that can all make some big plays.
Quarterback Christian Anderson has thrown the ball just 44 times this season, but he has been known to hit on some big plays to keep the defense honest. Army can score, but this team leans on the defense to win games.
Navy Needs to Run
If Navy is going to win this game, then the rushing attack will have to get it done. Navy is averaging 228.7 rushing yards per game, but they don’t have a threat to pass the football like the Black Knights.
Isaac Ruoss leads the team with 608 rushing yards this season, and he will be tasked with finding a hole in the Army attack. Ruoss has had some big runs, but Navy will be content with grinding this game out.
The defense has let Navy down this season as they are allowing nearly 30 points per game. The Midshipmen are going to have to make some big defensive plays to keep Army from marching down the field.
Navy Battles in Defeat
A quick look at the records would lead you to believe that this game could get out of hand in a hurry. That’s just not how this game traditionally goes, and it should be another great battle on Saturday.
Even though Army is the better rushing team in this matchup, Navy is going to use the ground game to keep this close as well. There are going to be some long drives on Saturday, and that will keep the total amount of points to a minimum.
Army is going to pick up a win, but the Black Knights will have to work for it against Navy. Take the 7.5 points and bet on the Midshipmen to cover the spread in defeat.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe3 weeks ago
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 months ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- Cleveland Guardians vs. Seattle Mariners Opening Day Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 day ago
- Cleveland Browns: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo will be best compliment Myles Garret has seenMac Blank1 day ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks March 28 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- 2023 American League Central Betting GuideDrew Thirion2 days ago