CFB Saturday Best Bets: Notre Dame, Michigan and Ohio State NEED Wins to Stay afloat in CFP
Week 11 of the college football season is already underway as the Mid American Conference (MAC) has once again scheduled games during the week. The real action heats up on Saturday in what is another loaded slate of college football games.
Here are three of the best college football bets to make for Saturday in Week 11.
Michigan Wolverines -1.5 at Penn State Nittany Lions
The Big Ten Conference East Division is loaded, and the race to the top continues to heat up. Michigan is one of the teams in the mix, and they are slight betting favorites on Saturday at Penn State.
This game should turn into a defensive battle as each team is holding opponents to less than 17 points per game. The biggest gap between the two teams comes on the other side of the ball as Michigan is explosive, and Penn State has been struggling to score.
The Wolverines are averaging more than 234 rushing yards per game, and they are going to run all over the Nittany Lions in this game. Penn State has not been playing their best football of late, and it’s hard to see them doing much scoring in this game.
This spread has felt off since it was announced, and Michigan is winning this game by a touchdown at least.
Purdue Boilermakers +21.5 at Ohio State Buckeyes
The Purdue Boilermakers are look for another upset win over a top-five team as they travel to Columbus to take on the Ohio State Buckeyes. Ohio State has rebounded since a loss to Oregon, and few teams are as explosive as the Buckeyes.
Purdue is allowing just 18 points per game this season, and the Boilermakers will do all they can to slow down the tempo in this one. The Boilermakers always seem to rise to the level of their competition, but this is the toughest test of the season.
Ohio State has been embarrassing teams in the Big Ten Conference, but they’ve struggled in the last two weeks. Ohio State can score points in a hurry, but that won’t be the case this weekend.
The Buckeyes are not going to get upset, and they also aren’t going to feel much pressure either. This game will be within three touchdowns, though, as Purdue is covering the spread.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish -5.5 at Virginia Cavaliers
The final game to focus on takes place in the state of Virginia as the Cavaliers are set to host the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Notre Dame is a 5.5 point road favorite, and they need to keep winning to stay in the CFP conversation.
Virginia is scoring over 38 points per game this season, but they are also giving up close to 31 points. The Cavaliers are getting burned on the ground all season long, and they are facing a dominant running back in Kyren Williams.
Notre Dame doesn’t always score many touchdowns, but that defense is terrific. The Fighting Irish are going to slow down the explosive Virginia attack and take complete control of this one.
Winning on the road is something Notre Dame doesn’t have to do often, but this will be an easy win. Take the Fighting Irish -5.5 as they pick up their ninth win of the year.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 months ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Iowa Hawkeyes February 16 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 year ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats February 9 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 year ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 months ago